On/Off switch to power the device
- 2300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery with overcharge and thermal protection
- SD card slot and included SD card
- 2 Megapixel 160° wide angle lens with low light activated flash
- 5v 1Ah Charger adapter
- 30mm MicroUSB to USB cable
- stainless steel cable lock
- velcro strap and adjustable suction cup mount
- cloth carry bag
Quick Set-up Guide
- Download “larryalert” app to your smartphone
- Turn power on and make sure larry is charged (LED is either green or blue). If charging is necessary (LED is red) recharge larry device with the power switch in the off position.
- Open larry app and follow the on screen instructions to pair larry device with your smartphone and then return to the larry app
- Place larry facing the optimal location to watch your stuff
- Follow instruction in the larry app to choose your settings and arm the device. You’re ready to go!
larry contains special mesh materials inside the enclosure to protect the speaker and siren ports from the elements – do not puncture the mesh. The rubber dust cover will protect the main controls; however, larry is not waterproof.
Larry is equipped with the latest in embedded WiFi technology with the connection range boosted by a special antenna. The actual connection distance between larry and your smartphone will depend on the operating conditions. If you are out of range of connection, no worries, larry will continue to function independently and will provide updates when you are back in WiFi connection range.
3D radar sensing
Larry incorporates exclusive radar sensing technology to allow the user to select 3 protection areas depending on the size of the area to watch:
- Small area is 3 ft x 6 ft (the area of a couple bicycles or motorcycle)
- Medium area is 6 ft x 9 ft (the size of a typical truck bed, or car interior)
- Large area is 15 ft x 20 ft (typical area in front of an RV, camp site, or picnic area)
These zones are approximate sizes and can vary depending on the operating conditions. The radar is able to “see” through most materials, except metal. When something triggers the alarm inside the selected protection area, an alert will be sent automatically to your smartphone.
Place larry facing the direction of the area you wish to protect with the camera lens unobstructed. You can place the sensor portion behind most materials except metal, but it works best in free air. The protection area starts immediately from the larry device projecting a 3D radar virtual boundary according to your selected size.
Larry can be placed anywhere
Velcro strap included to hold larry to any pole, handle bar, tree etc. Adjustable suction cup mount allows you to position larry to nearly any smooth flat surface.
Thread the flexible cable lock into the metal insert located on the side of larry to secure your device.
Larry controls are located under the weather resistant rubber cover
Larry utilizes a high speed 2 megapixel, wide angle camera in burst mode to capture 15 images of anything triggering detection inside the selected 3D radar area. In low light conditions a steady flash will illuminate the area for low light photos. The captured images will be stored on larry’s SD card and also transferred automatically to the photo storage on your smartphone.
Larry contains a mono speaker that allows you to speak into your smartphone and stream your message through larry immediately. Great to shoo away any unwanted things around your stuff, or to greet someone who has arrived.
The incorporated siren can be turned on/off from the larry app settings.